When I joined Automattic, this creed was on my contract. After reading it, I knew this will be a good experience. And it is.
Today I’m sharing it with you:
- I will never stop learning.
- I won’t just work on things that are assigned to me.
- I know there’s no such thing as a status quo.
- I will build our business sustainably through passionate and loyal customers.
- I will never pass up an opportunity to help out a colleague, and I’ll remember the days before I knew everything.
- I am more motivated by impact than money, and I know that Open Source is one of the most powerful ideas of our generation.
- I will communicate as much as possible, because it’s the oxygen of a distributed company.
- I am in a marathon, not a sprint, and no matter how far away the goal is, the only way to get there is by putting one foot in front of another every day.
- Given time, there is no problem that’s insurmountable.
You can see more information here.
I can’t add anything to this. It perfectly describes the company and the people working there.
I hope we can see more creeds like this instead of the non-sense some companies are sharing.
Do not miss my next post! Drop your email in the box below and get it straight to your inbox: